Buzz™ Buddleia Butterfly Bush is a relatively new dwarf hybrid that grows only one-third the size (3-5’) of its parent (10-15’).
- Attractive, compact growth habit.
- Large, graceful flower spikes appear for many months.
- Delightfully scented,
- Flowers attract butterflies and hummingbirds.(if you let the flowers go to seed, they may also attract birds)
Most people remove faded flowers so as to encourage more flowering.
- Excellent cut flower for indoors.
- Very handsome in a decorative pot, bringing the butterflies and hummingbirds closer in.
- Needs only average, but well drained soil, and regular water during the summer.
- Buzz™ is cold hardy to at least 10 degrees and should do well anywhere in the Tucson area.
I have a couple of butterfly bushes planted in the ground but they are not growing much, let alone flowering. Any suggestions?