- Looking for a low-growing, tough, heat tolerant, cold hardy accent plant? This may be the prefect choice.
- A native of the Chihuahuan Desert, This nearly leafless plant has pencil-like gray-green stems with a waxy coating.
- Tiny pink flowers are produced in clusters following spring and summer rains.
- Extremely drought tolerant, Candelilla performs best in full sun (including reflected heat).
- Requires minimal water once established and is cold hardy to 10 degrees.
- Works well as a single accent, in a mass planting, in rock gardens, or in a pot. Grows one foot by 2-3 feet.
- As with most Euphorbias avoid the milky sap as it can irritate your skin.