Where to Plant
Plant in an area that receives full or half day sun.
When planting an individual plant, use the following:
- 1/4 cu. ft. Omni Organo Soil
- 3/4 cup Soil Sulfur
- 3 tbsp. Osmocote Slow-Release Fertilizer
When planting beds, use the following (per 100 sq. ft.):
- 12 bags of 1 1/2 cu. ft. Omni Organo Soil
- 2 lbs. Soil Sulfur
- 5 lbs. El Toro Flower and Vegetable Food
Feed before bloom (February) and after bloom (April/May) with the following:
- 3 lbs. El Toro Flower and Vegetable Food
- 2 lbs. Triple Super Phophate per 100 sq. ft.
Iris varieties differ in their growth rate, so a clump should be divided when it becomes too crowded in the fall (September/October). This needs to be done early for some; others can go for three years. Usually the best bloom is in the second year of a clump.
5620 E. Pima St., Tucson, AZ 85712